Avis announces Coach Charter Acquisition
Avis Rent a Car has announced the acquisition of the Avis Coach Charter operation as a corporate business, effective from October 2011. The coach charter company started as a licensee operation in 2008.
Avis Southern Africa Chief Executive, Keith Rankin, says “Avis Rent a Car now owns 75% of the company, with former licensee Nobbie Marais owning the remaining 25%.”
Marais, who has 28 years of experience in the business, will remain on board as general manager of Avis Coach Charter.
Rankin says with the Coach Charter operation being a strategic part of Avis’ Total Transport Solution, the car rental company decided to purchase a shareholding in the organisation with a view to facilitating growth and taking service delivery to a new level.
“Avis wishes all its new brand ambassadors all the best as they embark on this exciting new journey,” concludes Rankin.